Why Is The Thickener Muddy Water Not Completely Separated?
Thickeners play an important role in solid-liquid separation. The thickener cannot perform solid-liquid separation well, and when the overflow is turbid, the staff needs to use scientific-technical means and methods to analyze and eliminate the fault. Generally, when the amount of flocculant used in the thickener is small, the phenomenon of running out will occur. In addition, the phenomenon of excessive water or small amount of lime can also cause this phenomenon.
Reasons for incomplete separation of thickener
1. The underflow pump of the thickener is blocked and the underflow cannot be delivered normally
Solution: The blocked pipeline should be dealt with immediately or the spare pump should be replaced.
2. The feed concentration of the thickener is too high, and the sedimentation effect is not good
Solution: The mineral material should be diluted to reduce the feed concentration. Slowly increase the amount of flocculant added to increase the amount of underflow ore discharge. If the slurry concentration in the thickener is too high, stop feeding immediately. Use clean water or clear liquid to replace the slurry feed, slowly increase the amount of flocculant, and resume normal production after the adjustment is completed.
3. The flocculant adding system is malfunctioning, and the flocculant cannot be added normally
Solution: The flocculant addition failure should be dealt with immediately.
4. When the machine is turned on, the lower rake will agitate the bottom mud layer too fast, causing fine particles to float up, and the material liquid becomes muddy.
Solution: It should be produced normally to ensure the feed concentration and the amount of flocculant. The floating solid suspended matter is difficult to settle again, so pay attention to the lowering speed when starting the machine next time to avoid excessively fast lowering speed.
5. The turbidity of the washing water supplied to the washing thickener will also cause the thickener to run muddy.
Solution: The washing water should be adjusted and washed with clear washing water.
Normal operation method
1. The feeding fineness should be strictly controlled to ensure the stability of the feeding amount and the stable operation of the thickener.
2. Control the liquid-solid ratio to prevent running and mixing caused by large liquid volume and high concentration. The best feed concentration of the thickener is 25%-30%. As the supernatant of the thickener is supplemented and diluted, the actual slurry concentration of the thickener can be maintained at about 18%-25%. Under this concentration, the flocculant has the best flocculation effect, and too high or too low concentration is not conducive to mineral sedimentation.
3. Avoid the increase of the concentration in the thickener caused by blind operation. First determine the reason for running muddy. Increase the amount of flocculant when the whole thickener is muddy. The flocculant can keep the solid particles in suspension, but can’t play the role of coagulation.